Tuesday, July 17, 2012

10 Random Thoughts {From Our Vacation}

Our family was on vacation last week, so this is a pretty light week on the blog as I get caught up on laundry and grocery shopping and life. A perfect day to post a Top 10 Tuesday...
"10 Random Thoughts {From Our Vacation}"

1. This could have been my new profile pic, if I hadn't put the flower in my mouth.
Beautiful field of Colorado columbine on a very steep mountain.

2.  That is a really long drop.  I'm pretty sure that they are not as close to the edge as it looks.... um... right?
The Last Chance Mine Creede, CO


3.  How quickly confidence can turn into despair...
At the top of Engineer Pass 12,800 ft.
Um.... yea.  The car wouldn't start at 12,800 ft. 
It was a tense 20 minutes until it providentially came to life after banging around on it alot and praying really hard.



4.  Some park rangers can be pretty tough on you if you get the answer wrong in the Junior Ranger book about feeding the wild animals.
Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park
Come to think of it, we might have confused him a little with this.
 I guess it's not all his fault he got the answer wrong.



5.  This is what happens when three boys have been camping at high altitudes for a little too long.
OK, you got me.  It's not my boys, it's three marmots.


6.  {Sigh.... }   I love vacation!
 A field of fuschia paintbrush above timberline on Imogene Pass.



7.  According to my middle son, sour cream and onion potato chips are more "lady-like" than other potato chips.
(Maybe it's because he wanted the BBQ chips all to himself.)



8.  Really, is it necessary to document the use of the alpine potty?  I'm sure I've used toilets that are higher in altitude than this one.
(Well, not as nice as this one though.)



9.  Anytime is a good time for a geology lesson.  Good thing Dad is a geologist.
"Is this one worth anything?"



10.  God has really made a wonderful, beautiful world and blessed us with blessings beyond compare!  Imagine what heaven will be like!

 (Our vacation included lots of 4WD trips over the high mountain passes of the San Juan mountain range in Colorado.  We visited Creede, Lake City, Telluride, Ouray, and Silverton... with a stop in Gunnison to fix the starter on the car.)


I'm linking up today with Top Ten Tuesdays at Many Little Blessings...
 if you joined us from the linkup Welcome to My Blog!
Top Ten Tuesday at Many Little Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment