Thursday, May 17, 2012

Gospel-Centered Blogging

Whew... this blogging is harder than I thought.  I'm learning all kinds of things and still struggling with getting things all set up and looking nice.  If anyone wants to design my blog for me, I will pay you in cookies!  Homemade ones.  Not like those Pillsbury break-and-bake kind I make for my kids.  In the meantime, I thought I would point you to a bunch of other blogs that have really helped me in understanding just what it means to be gospel-centered in my parenting and homeschooling.  For your reading pleasure this weekend and beyond...

Desiring God

"Desiring God exists to help you make God your treasure- because God is most exalted in us when we are most satisfied in Him." I would like to make that my blog mission statement, but that would be stealing. DG has recently begun a blog series titled, "Grace at Home" which has helped me every time I read one of their articles.  Here are a few of my favorites...
  
      From Rachel Pieh Jones....
          Desperate, Breathless, Dependant Parenting
          Flee to the Cross
    
     From Gloria Furman (also the co-author of Domestic Kingdom blog)...
          How Eternity Shapes Our Mundane         
          Treasuring God with One Finger in the Cookie Dough
          "Kids You Know Better!"
         

The Gospel Coalition

This blog is my other top go-to blog for all things gospel-centered.  You should just put it in your regular feed.  The topics they write on are really varied, but I read a particularly good one recently on parenting I wanted to share.

Do Not Neglect the Holy Spirit in Parenting by Daniel Darling

And this last post was written for pastors, but I really got a lot out of it in terms of how it applied to my parenting and my teaching.

Give Us Free by Jared C. Wilson


Well, that is enough for this weekend.  I would like to regularly pass on good links and good blogs, so check back often for encouragement and weekend reading material! (Next time, I won't give you so many at one time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment