Monday, November 5, 2012

Blog Reboot

I just want to say a quick hello to the new followers of Gospel Centered Homeschooling!  I've taken a couple of months break from blogging, and yet God has seen fit to add to the readers of the blog without any efforts of my own.  I'm glad to welcome both new followers and those who have followed since the first post.  Thanks especially to Jan over at Encouraging Moms Who Homeschool for recommending me on her site by giving me a "Liebster Award".  (More about that in a later post.)

I started this blog in the summer, when we were not schooling, just as an experiment to see if I could get a blog up and running and if I had enough subjects to write about.  It actually took a whole lot of my summer, but I enjoyed the time I spent - it was a fun obsession during a time when I had more free time.  Once the school year started up, I discovered that all our other obligations really needed to take precedence over the blog and so that is why it has been over two months since I've posted anything new.
 
If you were following the Gospel Powered Parenting book club, you will notice there hasn't been any more posts for the last few chapters of the book.  As much as I would love to finish off that book, I think I will have to cut my losses and move on.  I hope that if you were reading along with me, that you enjoyed the rest of the book and have maybe even moved on to some of the other books that I recommended in my last book club post.

So what's next for Gospel Centered Homeschooling?
I would like to continue posting, although it won't be as regularly as it was during the summer.  I have a few series that I would like to post about including a series on Christ-centered holiday traditions.  (We will see how much of that comes together with the rush of the holidays!)

I am going to keep the book club idea, but change the format.  Rather than post weekly on a book that we are reading together, I would like to announce a book of the month, post meaningful quotes for reflection throughout the month and post a review/reflection at the end of the month.

I will probably be most active in regularly posting to the Gospel Centered Homeschooling Facebook page, so if you are not already a follower through Facebook, you can "like" it on my sidebar, or by clicking this link.  I like to share interesting articles from around the web on that site, and perhaps introduce you to some other Gospel Centered bloggers.  I'm wondering whether to expand that to Twitter also, but the dangers of being a slave to social media are keeping me away for now.

I will be slowly revising some of my pages and the look of my blog, so if anyone knows a good designer or at least someone who could help with a little graphic design, let me know!!

More to come soon!  (Kind of soon.)  (No specific promises.)

Jennifer


2 comments:

  1. I know just what you mean! I find it hard to juggle writing and homeschooling, as well as all my other responsibilities. Looking forward to what God has for you next here:) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement Christina. I love reading your blog... it is on the top of my list, so I'm glad you find the time to write!

    ReplyDelete